We know that you have a lot of questions! We will do our best to share the information we have, but in addition, please download the APA App and turn on your notifications. We will be updating matches and sharing information in the news feed in addition to sending out emails.
Here is what we know right now:
COVID-19 is a real concern for many APA members, and these are the steps we will be taking to mitigate those concerns as teams return for playoffs under North Carolina Executive Order 195.
- APA will be reducing the number of teams scheduled to play in a Division to comply with capacity restrictions at the host location.
- Chalk is being made available for players to keep instead of passing it around for everyone.
- Players are required to wear a mask while playing a match.
- If you feel sick, do not come to league.
- Do not lag, flip a coin instead.
- No handshakes before or after match (or hugging).
- Practice good hygiene by washing your hands before and after your match, using hand sanitizer, and avoid touching your face.
- Host Locations are also looking out for players by keeping shared equipment sanitized and providing hand sanitizer.
Weekly 8-ball and 9-Ball will restart the 2020 Spring Session with all divisions playing playoffs.
- First playoff matches will be scheduled for the week of March 15, 2021.
- Not all teams and divisions will play round one the week of March 15.
- No makeup matches will be required prior to playoffs.
- Renewing your APA Membership will not be required to play in playoffs.
- Replays are not allowed during playoffs.
- All teams will participate in the playoffs.
- Playoffs will be extended with all teams playing.
- Playoffs will take multiple weeks to complete.
- We must split some nights over multiple weeks to meet capacity requirements.
- All players in each division will receive an email confirming the date of their team's first playoff match.
Masters will resume their Spring 2020 matches the week of March 29, 2021.
Alternate format divisions (year long divisions)
- Sunday 8-ball Travel has 2 scheduled meetings and playoffs remaining, the first night of play will be April 11, 2021. Remaining dates are TBD.
- Ladies League has 2 scheduled meetings and playoffs remaining, the first day of play will be April 18, 2021. Remaining dates are TBD.
- Ladies night Out 9-ball has 3 scheduled meetings and playoffs remaining, the first night of play will be April 9, 2021. Remaining dates are TBD.
- Aloha 2020 will be completed in 2021 resuming with weeks 7&8 on April 10, 2021, the Aloha Tournament will be scheduled for December 2021, and the Trip to Hawaii will be in 2022.
All World Qualifiers will be scheduled at a later date.
We are in the process of updating schedules (playoff information) which can be found at league.poolplayers.com/Raleigh and on the APA Pool League App, please be sure to download the APA App on your phone in order to receive notifications, as things may change more frequently than normal.
We want to talk to all of you! That said, we also want to get you information as quickly as we can, so please use your Team Captains as a source of information, as they will be our “point of communication” as we navigate the restarting of play. Team Captains, we will be in communication with you directly about your team and plans for your division.
We want to say thank you to all our APA members and Host Locations for your patience through these trying times, and your patience as we navigate our restart. We are so excited to see you all again, and we will very soon!
Thanks again, and please stay safe!