We expect Governor Cooper to make a formal announcement on Wednesday, May 20 about moving to Phase 2. If the Governor moves forward with Phase 2 and it allows for host locations to open, we will be speaking with the host locations to determine what steps can be made towards resuming league play, while focusing on recommendations that promote a healthy environment. When APA league play resumes, you can expect some changes especially in the beginning. Our plans include:
- Working with the bars to meet all regulations set forth by state and local authorities
- Requiring all league players comply with host location policies regarding capacity, social distancing, equipment use, mask requirements, etc.
- Asking everyone to be polite and respect each others’ personal decisions. Ridicule and hostile verbal attacks will not be tolerated
- Limiting the number of teams playing at a given time
- Asking teams to reduce the number of players present for league play
- Allowing teams the option of multiple replays
- Giving teams and players the option to opt out without penalty (no additional fees) should they choose not to return for the completion of the Spring Session
- Allowing Drop/Add for teams that lose players. REQUIREMENT - the league office must be notified ahead of time and any new player added must of equal or lesser skill level and be established with a minimum of 20 matches in the format
- Reducing minimum match requirements for established Spring Session players from 6 matches to 4 matches. If concerns arise about a new player, contact the league office
In order to provide teams with awards, post session play, and the opportunity to qualify for the World Pool Championships, we will need to complete the Spring session. APA Headquarters in conjunction with League Operators has worked diligently to brainstorm creative, but viable options that will adhere to safety guidelines as well as complete this session.
While this email may prompt more questions than answers, my intent is for you to know that we are planning for potential announcements. Ultimately, we will not know the conditions, expectations, or time frame until they are made public. We are committed to working with teams, and we welcome constructive feedback that will help us best respond to your needs.
Please take the time to ensure your email address is up to date and that you have not opted out of our emails, we are using email as a primary means of communicating during this unprecedented time. We also ask that you share this post with your team and other friends!
Don Ward, League Operator